Monday, June 02, 2008

The Inner Court of Our Promised Land

Are relationships meant to be the stepping stones along our journey in life?

The Lord said to Abram, “Leave your country, your people and your father’s household and go to the land I will show you. I will make you into a great nation and I will bless you; I will make your name great, and you will be a blessing. I will bless those who bless you and whoever curses you I will curse, and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you.”

Abram left, as the Lord had told him; and so began his journey… He traveled through the land as far as the site of the great tree of Moreh and Shechem. At that time the Canaanites were in the land. The Lord appeared to Abram and said, “To your offspring I will give this land.” So Abram built an altar to the Lord there.

Building an altar was to mark the place God and Abram entered into covenant with one another. Abram is known for his righteousness. He was God’s friend, in whom he had put his faith, hope and trust. Are we known as friends of God? What happens when we get as far as the great tree of Moreh and Shechem? Will God’s promise to Abram still be His promise to us? “To your offspring I will give this land.” How can that be in the world we live in today? Physical? Spiritual? Could our Promised Land be the place God has chosen to dwell with us in relationship whereby He rebuilds our faith?

“Father, the time has come. Glorify your Son that your Son may glorify you. For you granted him authority over all people that he might give eternal life to all those you have given him. Now this is eternal life: that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, who you have sent. I have brought you glory on earth by completing the work you gave me to do. And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home