Monday, June 02, 2008

Taking Our Rightful Places




Janice VanCronkhite, www.jvcartworks.com


Creation Waits


Painting by Janice VanCronkhite www.jvcartworks.com




A friend asked, “When is it all going to start?” Although I hadn't the slightest idea, out of my mouth came the words: “When people take their rightful places in the Kingdom of God.”



My mind whirled over God's reply, I prayed for understanding. Eventually I did fall off to sleep only to be awakened by a strange dream. My friend's wife was instructing me to give the reading for their family church service. I couldn't understand why I had to give it, why not my husband or my friend's husband, why ME? Then I knew God was telling me something in the dream. I woke up and read my assignment: 1 Kings 5:5:



(Preparations for Building the Temple)



When Hiram king of Tyre heard that Solomon had been anointed king to succeed his father David, he sent his envoys to Solomon, because he had always been on friendly terms with David. Solomon sent back this message to Hiram:



“You know that because of the wars waged against my father David from all sides, he could not build a temple for the Name of the Lord his God until the Lord put his enemies under his feet. But now the Lord my God has given me rest on every side and there is no adversary or disaster. I intend, therefore, to build a temple for the Name of the Lord my God, as the Lord told my father David, when he said, ‘Your son whom I will put on the throne in your place will build the temple for my Name.’”



Solomon was not afraid to declare who he was and what God had promised about his destiny. He declared what he believed was his purpose and gave Hiram the opportunity to supply all the timber.



“When Hiram heard Solomon’s message he was greatly pleased and said, ‘Praise be to the Lord today, for he has given David a wise son to rule over this great nation.”



Solomon had the boldness to step into his rightful place to do what he’d been destined to do before the world began. Hiram responded by providing exactly what was requested.



Like Abram, God called us out of our nation and away from our family to go to a place He would show us, a place where He would reveal His plans and purposes for our lives. We dared to believe him. This is an account of the journey God has called us to in Africa as He rebuilds His Kingdom. Have you stepped out in in faith into your rightful place? It’s the place God prepared for you even before the world began. All creation groans and waits for the Sons of God to be revealed. Now is the time.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home